Re: Debian Co-location in USA

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 12:52:42PM +1000, Jeremy Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 12:56:08AM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Maybe this is a good business opportunity for a group of Debian developers in
> > a place such as the Netherlands, Germany, or the US.  There is reasonable
> > profit in hiring hosting space by the rack and renting it out by the 1U.
>
> Interesting idea, at least I am hoping that I can find somewhere in the
> US (or anywhere where there's good bandwidth back to Australia) where I
> could potentially get a number of machines hosted with someone available
> in an emergency.

I'm happy to do this now for anyone that wants it. I'll build and
install a debian box to order and supply the onsite reboot/emergency
diagnostics required.

I'm not a debian developer but I have high-availability operational
experience with internet services
<URL:http://www.campin.net/resume.html>. I have a full-time job right
now but I can still easily work in the emergency availability
arrangement as discussed here.

This borders on advertising I suppose, so contact me off-list if you
want to work something out. I can get as much rackspace as required on
short notice at a local colo with three t3 connections.
<URL:http://www.inreach.com/services/colocation/serv_colo_netmap.html>.
Not the most bandwidth ever, but more than enough for 99% of people.
--
Nate

"The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and
enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not
asked to lend money." - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar(1894) - Samuel Clemens