Re: Debian Professionals Association, last try

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 10:04:27PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
> > Every time I bring the topic up it generates some enthusiastic
> > traffic and then dies. I'm really interested in such an
> > association, but that won't work without associates. So, the
> > interested people could please step forward?
> >
> > We already have an offer for webspace. Alas, two.
>
> I wonder what's wrong with the regular debian.org webspace.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Joey

This is a service based, venture capitalist organization. I don't know if VA
or any of the other contributors would appreciate us making money off their
donations. On a different not, SPI may object.

I think it's good that debianpro maintain a very loose relationship with
debian, as a whole. This does not mean we stop maintaining our packages or
anything -- just that 'debian professionals association' should not have any
more influence on debian than any other company that makes use of it.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson