Re: AYT? Support network, anyone up to?

> Are these lists active? We're in a big moment for FS/Open Source
> in general and Linux in particular, yet these lists are dead
> (the debian-consult list archive stops in December, gee!) Are we
> just dead, or are we so busy that we don't have time anymore? Or
> is the moment _so_ good that the lists aren't necessary anynore?

A combination of the last two, I'd say.

> One thing that bothers me is geography... some folks would be
> alone in big physical areas (me in Brazil, for example). But we
> could come up with something?

The only real problem that geography causes, is with billing, since it is more
difficult to do business with people in countries other than your own.

Other than that, it should actually be an advantage, because if we have people
in lots of timezones we should be able to give 24 hour a day support, without
anyone having to work unsociable hours.

Cheers, Phil.