Re: Wiki pages

Hello Kambiz,

On Tue 26 Apr 2022 at 10:15AM +02, Kambiz Darabi wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> On 2022-04-06 12:24 -07, Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> wrote:
>
>> Would it be okay from your point of view if I started merging upstream
>> git history rather than only importing tarballs?
>
> as a noob, I would appreciate staying with one method until I'm a bit
> more experienced.
>
> Thanks
>

> Kambiz

I'm thinking of these changes to the wiki:

(1) either workflow is okay

(2) don't migrate a package between workflows unless you expect to do
    all of its uploads, i.e., don't migrate it unless you're effectively
    adopting it

(3) note that it is fine to alternate back and forth between merging
    tarball imports and upstream tags between uploads, which works just
    fine with gbp.

The idea is that with this policy, it's unlikely that anyone ever gets
forced to use a workflow they don't want to.

--
Sean Whitton