GNU libffcall 2.1 is released

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 05:16:07PM +0100, Bruno Haible wrote:

> > Thanks, I updated the package. It went fine, except on sparc64 where it failed
> > to build (while it worked for 2.0, though I am not sure that the regression
> > comes from a change in ffcall):
> >
> >  https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ffcall&arch=sparc64&ver=2.1-1&stamp=1518906041&raw=0
>
> My first guess would be that it comes from a change in GCC. But it
> needs investigation in any case.
>
> How can I get access to a system with the exact same GCC version?
> Is there an ISO image available (somewhere in
>   ftp://ftp.*.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/*/main/installer-sparc/current/images/cdrom/ ?)?

First note that sparc64 is an unofficial port, so it has not the same level of
support than official ones.

My guess is that you should first try to install a sparc64 image such as the one
listed here: https://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64

Then upgrade it to unstable (possibly by editing /etc/apt/sources.list).

> Or is there a way to get ssh access to a developer machine?

I have access to this machine (which is not an official Debian machine, but is
run by an individual Debian Developer):

 https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=notker

You could try to contact the sysadmin (email on the above page) to get an
account (you can put me in CC and I will reply that I support your request).

Alternatively you can give me instructions and I try to debug it myself.

--
???????  S?bastien Villemot
???????  Debian Developer