FriCAS

Dear Riccardo,

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 11:46:26AM +0100, riccardo.guida at gmail.com wrote:

> I allow myself to directly ask you if anybody would be interested in
> packaging the FriCAS project [0] , see my RPR 890525 [1].
>
> FriCAS is a powerful computer algebra system (CAS), fork of the Axiom
> project. Axiom was originally developed at IBM, then sold to NAG, and then
> released as open source in 2001. In 2007 Axiom was forked by two projects,
> OpenAxiom and FriCAS.

Thanks for pointing us to this RFP.

Unfortunately I have many things on my todo list so I am unlikely to package
FriCAS that in the near future, though I admit it looks like a good candidate
for packaging.

Why not trying to do it yourself? Packaging is not that difficult, and I would
be willing to point you to relevant documentation, review your work and upload
it when it's ready.

Cheers,

--
???????  S?bastien Villemot