New Common Lisp wiki page
- Subject: New Common Lisp wiki page
- From: email@example.com (Christoph Egger)
- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 17:07:02 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1635467.Uu9T7jGXkR@kjartansson>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <A2E16B79-895F-40D4-B93C-7CB689EE3C47@debian.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Getting into this quite old mail thread, sorry for that
On Tuesday 29 August 2017 18:22:52 CET S?bastien Villemot wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 03:51:08PM +0200, pvaneynd at debian.org wrote:
> > > I took some time to fully rewrite the Common Lisp page on the Debian
> > > wiki:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.debian.org/CommonLisp <https://wiki.debian.org/CommonLisp>
> > I like it!
> > - packaging up of CL libraries has been abandoned (at least for me).
> > Newbies - should be steered to quicklisp, even if the library is packaged
> > IMHO.
> Ok. Out of curiosity, is this decision motivated by technical factors or by
> lack of (packager?s) time?
In my opinion there is not much of a hard technical reason against having apt
packages. However that would need people to actually keep up with "the world"
and quite likely some quicklisp2deb helper all of which hasn't materialized in
the last 5 Years or so
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.