git layout for clisp [was Re: Patch fixing build failures of clisp on several archs]

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 07:13:35PM +0200, S?bastien Villemot wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 09:22:07AM +0200, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
>
> > > BTW, the git repository of clisp packaging is rather complex with many
> > > different branches (even one branch per release recently), making the
> > > git-buildpackage workflow uneasy.
> >
> > My workflow predates a lot of the tooling available now...
>
> > I could not find another way of having ?clean? patches against upstream then
> > by doing a ?git rebase? when a new upstream release comes out.
>
> The typical master/upstream repository layout is the following:
>
> - the upstream branch contains successive versions of the upstream source; no
>   debian packaging on this branch
>
> - the master branch contains the unpacked debian package (i.e. upstream +
>   debian/ subdirectory); this is where you commit your changes to the
>   packaging; upstream is periodically merged into master when a new release is
>   to be packaged

Just to let you know that, with my latest clisp upload, I switched to the more
traditional git branch setup described above.

Please let me know if this is a problem.

Best,

--
???????  S?bastien Villemot
???????  Debian Developer