Bug#617378: initialization file `/usr/lib/xindy/xindy.mem' was not created by this version of CLISP runtime
- Subject: Bug#617378: initialization file `/usr/lib/xindy/xindy.mem' was not created by this version of CLISP runtime
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Agustin Martin)
- Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 18:12:15 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20110902161215.GA23615@agmartin.aq.upm.es>
- In-reply-to: <20110714125025.GA14967@agmartin.aq.upm.es>
- References: <20110308144042.GA26120@agmartin.aq.upm.es> <20110609155949.GA32660@agmartin.aq.upm.es> <20110714125025.GA14967@agmartin.aq.upm.es>
tag 617378 +pending
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 02:50:25PM +0200, Agustin Martin wrote:
> severity 617378 important
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 05:59:49PM +0200, Agustin Martin wrote:
> > A summary for clisp maintainers,
> > xindy depends on clisp-fasl-loader-20080430, provided by clisp-2.49 and
> > clisp-2.48. This change by J?rg Sommer fixed above problem for
> > xindy+clisp-2.48.
> > However, this problem has reappeared with upgrade to clisp-2.49. Both
> > clisp-2.48 and clisp-2.49 Debian packages provide
> > clisp-fasl-loader-20080430, so ABI should be compatible. But above error
> > seems to guess that an ABI change was introduced without bumping
> > LISPOBJ(version..) in src/constobj.d (By the way, this was changed again
> > on 6 Aug 2010 after 2.49 release, see hg#15040).
> > By the way, rebuilding xindy package against clisp 2.49 makes xindy work
> > again.
> > If the above is true, Debian clisp should change LISPOBJ(version..) and
> > xindy should be rebuilt against new clisp to make sure it inherits proper
> > dependency.
> > What do you think is happening? And what should be done?
Since there was no reply in this time I NMUed xindy and uploaded it to
NMU contents is just a dirty hack to make sure sid xindy is built/used with
at least clisp 2.49, so we stop having this problem with xindy built against
clisp 2.48, and 2.49 not updating fasl-loader.
Since LISPOBJ(version..) is already changed in upstream hg repo after 2.49
release, clisp newer than 2.49 will have an updated fasl-loader version and
this hack will no longer be needed.
diff is attached,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2515 bytes
Desc: not available