How does the Team work?

Far? <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> On 14 July 2010 02:37, Christoph Egger <christoph at debian.org> wrote:
>>> I have a .deb for cl-launch ready for upload, except that it depends
>>> on cl-asdf 2.000, which hasn't been packaged yet (or has it?).
>>
>> ? ?cl-asdf is at 1.7?? at the moment (thankfully also in testing since
>> today). So a update to 2. would be needed for that. As Debian nears the
>> freeze for the next release "squeeze" that should be done carefully and
>> rather soon or after squeeze is released
>>
> 1.7 is old, buggy, and not supported. It would be *really* nice to
> have 2.004 out there.
>
>>> What should I do between debian's asdf.git and upstream's? Should I
>>> merge them? Should I get write access first, then build a package,
>>> then try to get it approved? Or should I modify the upstream copy and
>>> build a package first, and some DD will pull the alioth version after
>>> my package has been approved?
>>
>> ? ?looking at the debian repository work is probably currently done
>> like this:
>>
>> ? ?1: asdf upstream git is pulled into the "upstream" branch
>> ? ?2: upstream branch is merged into master
>> ? ?3: debian specific modifications done there
>> ? ?4: Build against the tarball provided by upstream
>>
> Do you know the recipe for that?

I'd do a

 git clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-common-lisp/cl-asdf.git
 git remote add cl.net git://common-lisp.net/projects/asdf/asdf.git
 # get debian's upstream branch as a local branch
 git checkout -b upstream origin/upstram
 git remote update
 # upstream's 2-004 tag into debian's upstream branch
 git merge 2.004
 # into debian's packaging branch
 git checkout master
 git merge upstream
 # inish debian package
 dch -v 2.004-1
 # edit debian/changelog
 # test-build (pbuilder|cowbuilder|sbuild)
 # lintian -IiE ../cl-asdf_2.004-1_$arch.changes
 # Mail the list

>> ? ?This also e.g. allows for having separat branches for
>> debian/experimental debian/stable or ubuntu uploads while head goes into
>> debian/unstable.
>>
>> ? ?If you work on it I guess it's best to push the stuff all to
>> git.debian.org where other Debian guys have access as well. Getting
>> write access shouldn't be hard (I can do that for example if you apply
>> to the team).
>>
> I requested to join the team on alioth.

    You should have write acess now.

Regards