Etch to Lenny (6.9 to 6.17) change in asdf:output files wrapper

Folks,

I am currently upgrading a set of debian machines from etch to lenny.
One runs a lisp image, and this breaks when the lenny upgrade is
performed via aptitude dist-upgrade.

The lisp in question is Clozure CL, which I have created a debian
package for, which integrates with c-l-c.

When I upgrade to lenny (ie to c-l-c 6.17 from 6.9), An attempt to
load c-l-c installed packages via asdf fails with:

 > Error: Path #P"/var/cache/common-lisp-controller/1001/ccl/cl-uffi/
src/package.lx64fsl" not beneath #P"/usr/share/common-lisp/source/"?
"usr" /= "var"
 > While executing: COMMON-LISP-CONTROLLER::SOURCE-ROOT-PATH-TO-FASL-
PATH, in process listener(1).
 > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available
restarts.
 > If continued: Skip loading "/home/tb-daemon/tb_html/sites.lisp"
 > Type :? for other options.

If I look in the file:

/usr/share/common-lisp/source/common-lisp-controller/post-sysdef-
install.lisp

I see that the line:

(defmethod asdf:output-files :around ((op asdf:operation) (c asdf:cl-
source-file))

has changed to:

(defmethod asdf:output-files :around ((op asdf:operation) (c
asdf:component))

If I revert this change, the error goes away, and my lisp system
appears to work correctly in its new lenny home.

I've reviewed the package changelist, and scanned the titles of
defects on http://bugs.debian.org. I see no information that seems to
have a rationale for this change.

Is it a bug?