[Debian] README.Debian and disassemble (was Re: debian clisp package)

Hi Sam!

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 18:49:52 +0100, Sam Steingold wrote:
> Luca Capello wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:50:39 +0200, Sam Steingold wrote:
>>> 1. README.Debian says "In order to use the "disassemble" function you
>>> must install gdb". this is NOT true.
[...]
>> Something like the following patch?
[...]
> not quite.
>
>     In order to use the "disassemble" function on functions written in C
> you must install gdb.  Any other function (written in Common Lisp and
> compiled to bytecode) can be disassembled without gdb.

Thank you, I will add it to the Debian repository [1] in the next days.
I cannot do it right now because clisp was NMUed [2] and I need to
import those changes as well.

Is this fix considered necessary for the next Debian release, lenny?  In
that case, I must include it ASAP.  Please let me know.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-common-lisp/clisp.git;a=summary