Debian 10 backports repo moved to archives

Greetings,
It seems that the Debian 10 backports repo (buster-backports) moved out of the main Debian repos and into the archives ahead of the intended LTS EOL date (June 30, 2024). I don't recall this type of change happening with Debian 9 when it was in this phase. For cloud images, we currently have the backports repo added to all the cloud images (https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-cloud-images/-/blob/master/config_space/bullseye/files/etc/apt/sources.list/DEBIAN?ref_type=heads#L7).

Given the short timeframe for the remainder of Debian 10's LTS period, what do you think we should do for this instance.

Also, going forward it seems we may need to adopt a different set of configuration for LTS versions to avoid this type of thing. I recall the discussion about supporting the LTS versions in cloud images several years ago but I'm not sure if we fully aligned on what that support means. Perhaps dropping backports should be part of that transition?

-----
Zach Marano
zmarano@google.com