Assistance Request for Booting a Debian 10 VM Migrated from Azure to VMware

Dear Debian Team,

I am reaching out to seek your assistance with an issue I am encountering with a Debian 10 virtual machine (VM). Originally deployed on the Azure marketplace, this VM has been migrated to a VMware environment. However, upon attempting to boot the VM on the ESXi hypervisor, it fails to start and displays a “kernel panic” error.

I suspect that specific preparatory steps are necessary to adapt the Azure image for the VMware environment.

https://azure.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/running-debian-in-azure/

Could you please provide me with the recommended procedure to address this issue and enable a successful boot of the VM under VMware?

Thank you in advance for your support, and I am available for any further information you may require.

Kind regards, Fakri SLIMANE

Cordialement,

Mr SLIMANE Fakri

42 avenue de Friedland - 75380 Paris Cedex - France
Tél. :
+33(0) 1 71 71 31 57
www.vivendi.com
@vivendi

_
"This message may contain confidential/privileged material of Vivendi and is intended only for the person(s)/entity(ies) to which it is addressed and designated as the recipient. Any use of this information by persons/entities other than the recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received this in error, please warn immediately the sender by returning e-mail and delete definitively this message and any related material from any support. Please also note that Vivendi is committed to protecting the environment, print this material only if necessary and delete this message when you can"