Re: Resignation as cloud team delegate

Hey Ross!

On 2023/12/15 07:14, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
We prefer the previous text here: the contract work with SPI covers more than
just the cloud images.

If you don't object, feel free to send me an edit link to the doc and I'll
restore the previous text for this point.  Everything else looks good.

Wow, storm.debian.net still preserved the text over all this time. Here is the latest version, with a few changes:

 * The trademark team doesn't exist anymore (mail about that to
   d-d-a soon), they are folded into treasurer team now, so I
   updated the reference to the trademark team to the treasurer team.

 * I changed the line back about negotiating terms as you mentioned
   in the last mail. At one stage there was lots of confusion
   about what the cloud team does and it caused some problems for me,
   and I think I wanted to prevent that with my initial change, but
   I think that's been much less of a problem for more than a year now
   so I reverted it back.

That said, Is everyone listed below still happy to be part of the delegation? Would the delegation be properly staffed or would should we also do a call for more volunteers (standard question I know ask during delegation updates).

And with that, here's the latest draft:

"""
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
Subject: Updating the Debian Cloud Team Delegation

Debian Cloud Delegates
======================

I hereby appoint the following developers as Debian Cloud Delegates:

 - Thomas Lange (lange)
 - Ross Vandegrift (rvandegrift)
 - Bastian Blank (waldi)

Thank you to Tomasz Rybak who have served on this delegation before.

Task Description
================

The Debian Cloud Delegates oversee the policies, procedures and
services that are necessary for the production and maintenance of
official images for use on cloud providers.

In keeping with Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG), the
Delegates will:

- Advocate for the adoption and advancement of Free Software cloud
  computing platforms and tools.

- With the Debian Treasurers, who manages the Debian trademark,
  establish policies and procedures for the Debian Cloud Team
  regarding "Official Debian Cloud Images"

- With the Debian Project Leader and under the auspices of the
  Trusted Organizations, establish Debian accounts with cloud
  providers, negotiating terms and conditions where necessary.

- With the Debian System Administration Team and the Trusted
  Organizations, manage Debian account credentials with the cloud
  providers and establish account life-cycle processes.

- Establish and co-ordinate the activities of a Debian Cloud Team
  that will maintain the infrastructure that builds, tests and
  deploys said images.

Delegate Criteria

The Debian Cloud Delegates shall meet the following criteria:

- Follow the agreed team rules at: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Cloud/Rules
- Must be a Debian Developer.
"""

Let me know what you think,