Re: S3-backed snapshot implementation on AWS?

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 04:09:31PM -0700, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> I agree that it would be best to design something more cloud-oriented.
> However, if there's an existing infrastructure that can be moved as a
> "lift & shift" into AWS now, with architectural refactoring happening
> later, that's an OK place to start.

Currently it does not even support S3.  And the existing software seems
to have two separate services for ingestion and webinterface already.

But if there exists a tool that tries to read all files from the storage
to check them for changes (some fsck type tool), this should not be used
in this way on such a storage.

Bastian

--
Is truth not truth for all?
		-- Natira, "For the World is Hollow and I have Touched