Generic & Genericcloud in qemu or kvm

Hello... I had a few questions about running Debian Bookworm versions (generic, genericcloud) on hypervisors like qemu or kvm.

My first problem is user and password... I tried to use cloud-init according to the instruction of this link.

(https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/qemu.html#)

But during execution, Cloud-configs values are not read and as a result I can't login.

Then I got acquainted with the virt-customize tool and I was able to put a password for root and I was able to login.

Now another problem I have is not connecting to the Internet!!

(I have all the necessary tools for qemu and kvm, I installed and started the nocloud version and it connects to the Internet correctly... but with the generic and genericcloud versions, I cannot connect to the Internet, and when I look with command (ip a), there is no connection)

In general, how do you run these versions in qemu & kvm?

My goal is to customize them and install the tools I need in them and then upload them to a cloud provider.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android