mini.iso fails to boot?

Hii

I've been using the "mini.iso" for installing debian onto VMware VMs and that has worked fine for a long time. Today I wanted to use that to install Bookworm, but I now get:

No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the kernel version available in the archive.

The image I got is http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/bookworm/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

I confirmed the sha1sum is c29dca30d20cbc0deadc6eec22e8ff3c2e9c0bf4.

I know that these images can get stale, but on the above site and upper directories I don't see any newer mini ISO images.
Any ideas...?

tnx!
Dick Visser