Re: S3-backed snapshot implementation on AWS?

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 09:21:16PM +0200, Michael Kesper wrote:
> Be aware that AWS S3, while featuring negligible staorage cost,
> can become very expensive if ever the need arises to get the data back
> out of AWS:
> https://discourse.nixos.org/t/the-nixos-foundations-call-to-action-s3-costs-require-community-support/28672

Sure.  That's why the call was if AWS would sponsor that.

We could of cause also ask Cloudflare if they would sponsor something
like that.  I have absolutely no idea if that infrastructure would be
usable for it.

Regards,
Bastian

--
Behind every great man, there is a woman -- urging him on.
		-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3