Re: Netplan in Debian cloud images

Hi Lukas,

On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 01:03:12PM +0200, Lukas Märdian wrote:
> I'd like to congratulate on a solid Bookworm release!
> With delight I followed your process of switching to the new system-networkd +
> Netplan stack [0,1,2,3] and as the maintainer of netplan.io in Debian I did my
> very best to deliver a polished (and tested!) netplan.io package.
> I know there are currently some autopkgtest failures on Trixie;
> I'm working on those!

Thanks for the nice note, and your work on netplan!  And thanks for the
blog post showing off some usage examples - that should be useful for
lots of folks getting started.

> I do have some plans to re-structure the netplan.io package a bit, splitting
> out a netplan-cli package (Recommends), which should allow to install Netplan
> (the actual systemd generator, used at image boot time) without any Python
> dependencies. Let me know if there's anything else that could improve your
> use case.

Nice - is there another api or tool to interact with netplan?  Though
honestly, I've never really had to, it's been basically fire and forget
for me.

Thanks again,
Ross