bookworm cloud images have broken "netdev" group

Hello all,

I am testing the current debian-12-genericcloud-amd64-daily-20230619-1416.qcow2
image from https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/bookworm/daily/. This has

| # getent group netdev
| netdev:x:1002:debian

which is broken -- as soon as you try to install a package like wpasupplicant
or NetworkManager, these will fail to install with

| Setting up network-manager (1.42.4-1) ...
| addgroup: The group `netdev' already exists and is not a system group. Exiting.
| dpkg: error processing package network-manager (--configure):
|  installed network-manager package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

because these run `addgroup --system netdev` (rightfully).

This isn't done by any package postinst -- `grep -r netdev /var/lib/dpkg/info/*`
shows no relevant hits. So this must be somewhere in the scripts that build the
cloud images.

Where can I file a bug about this? https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/ nor
the wiki mention the tools which are used to build these images.

Thank you in advance!

Martin

(Please keep Reply-To:, I'm not subscribed)