Status of "cloud-initramfs-tools" in Debian?

Hello,

Looking at <https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/cloud-initramfs-tools> I see that Debian only has version "0.18" (".debian{5,7,8}") basically from 2013. Upstream <https://git.launchpad.net/cloud-initramfs-tools> currently is at version 0.47. While most of their work is their "overlay" part, there are some changes for "growroot", which even fix bugs in Debian.

Is this just lack of time or is their some other reason the package does not get updates?

I had a short look at the alternative <https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-repart.html>, but it only seems to support GPT, while I need MBR (and LVM). Or is there some other working alternative to replace `cloud-initramfs-tools`?

Philipp
--
Philipp Hahn
Open Source Software Engineer

Univention GmbH
be open.
Mary-Somerville-Str. 1
D-28359 Bremen

📞 +49-421-22232-57
🖶 +49-421-22232-99

✉️ hahn@univention.de
🌐 https://www.univention.de/

Geschäftsführer: Peter H. Ganten, Stefan Gohmann
HRB 20755 Amtsgericht Bremen
Steuer-Nr.: 71-597-02876