Re: help wanted, standing up mirroring sync proxies on public cloud

Hi Julien

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 10:01:11PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Looking at syncproxy2.wna
> (https://munin.debian.org/debian.org/mirror-isc.debian.org/ip_149_20_4_16.html
> and
> https://munin.debian.org/debian.org/mirror-isc.debian.org/ip_2001_4f8_1_c__16.html)
> it looks like we're around 60Mbps outbound and 700kbps inbound on
> average in the last month.  That is probably the one with the most
> clients though (~20 of them), as a result of an issue with one of the
> other hosts a few years ago (plus the difficulty of coordinating a move
> back with downstream operators) it ended up with most of the NA load.
> We might be able to rebalance things a bit if we replace some hosts
> anyway.

The Azure sync proxy does something around 350GB of incoming traffic per
month for main and security archive, limited to source, all, amd64 and
i386.  So somewhere between 800-1000GB per client and months sounds
plausible (60Mbps ~~ 18TB/month and 20 clients is some bit less then
1000GB).

> > How much local storage?
> Currently we use 2T for the debian and debian-security archives, 6T if
> we add debian-archive + debian-debug, 7T if we add debian-ports.

(Wow, we rewrite half of the main archive every month.)

Regards,
Bastian

--
Madness has no purpose.  Or reason.  But it may have a goal.
		-- Spock, "The Alternative Factor", stardate 3088.7