Re: Next team meeting: Wed Mar 9 @20:00UTC

Hello,

Here are my notes from today's meeting.

cloud mirror domain
-------------------

We discussed the status of our new domain for cloud-hosted mirrors.  I've
figured out the required steps, gotten DPL approval, and have requested SPI's
help in registering.  Hopefully, we'll have this part done soon.

We discussed some options for DNS, but didn't make a firm decision.  The two
notable requirements are dnssec and dynamic updates for tls cert verification.

AWS GovCloud
------------

I've heard from SPI on the GovCloud account setup issue.  The SPI board needs
to vote to delegate the registration step to Noah and I - and then we should be
good to go here too.  Once that's done, we'll be able to setup image uploads
for AWS's US federal government region.  See previous meeting notes for more
info on GovCloud.

Secret management
-----------------

We discussed the secret management issue that was raised on the list.  We
discussed some of it's mechanics and agreed that it provides a good solution.
Bastian explained his idea to start with a simple deployment that could grow
over time.

OpenStack rescue
----------------

We discussed issues with OpenStack's rescue mode.  This allows booting a VM
with alternative media, with a root password for login.  A few approaches for
using our images were discussed, but we didn't have enough details to know if:
a) the existing images could work, and b) if not, what needed to change.  zigo
offered to get more data for the group.

image finder

Arthur gave an update on the image finder.  A new release has recently come out
with new features and bugfixes.  Some of the work has been done by the new
contributors that Arthur has been working with.  Very cool!

Thanks folks,
Ross