Re: python3-google-compute-engine vs. google-guest-agent

As an FYI, the compute-image-packages github repository is entirely deprecated.

New packages are:

https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/guest-agent.git typically packaged as 'google-guest-agent'
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/guest-oslogin.git typically packaged as 'google-compute-engine-oslogin'
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/guest-configs.git typically packaged as 'google-compute-engine'

The 'google-compute-engine' package as built by Google depends on the others, and they are collectively
referred to as the Google Guest Environment for GCE. All tools are installed by default on GCE public images.

For more information:

https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/images/guest-environment

--
Liam