Prevent new instances from updating/rebooting?

Hi

I noticed that newly created bullseye-amd64 AWS instances auto
update/reboot themselves at instantiating time.
We would like to do that ourselves, so the process is more
predictable. The auto reboots currently cause issues during our
deployment because it is not possible to predict if/when they happen.

Is there a way to override this behavior? Perhaps by having some
flags/code in the user_data?

many thanks

--
Dick Visser
Trust & Identity Service Operations Manager