Re: managing Huawei accounts

Hi Bastian, Aron,

On 24-08-2021 15:56, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:31:24AM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
>>> As I
>>> understand, the account for AWS is "owned" by SPI.
>
> SPI "owns" several resources for Debian.  This is primary relevant for
> the things that must not go away, like our published images.

Which we don't have (yet) at the Huawei infrastructure.

>>> In your opinion,
>>> should we do the same for the Huawei platform?
>
> It will make it easier to have uninterupted access, esp as people in
> Debian are coming and going.  So if we want to use it for longer,
> definitely.

That's exactly the reason why I wanted to bring this up. I'm not sure
how long Huawei wants to sponsor, but I didn't Aron mention anything
about this stopping in the foreseeable future.

>>> If yes, how does that work?
>
> - Get DPL involved, esp as most cloud providers want a credit card
>   somewhere on signup.

In CC. Aron, I guess you'll need to align with Jonathan.

> - Get SPI to sign-off on the contract details.
>
> I assume here that a single DD just created an account and signed the
> existing contract?

No, in order to get Antonio and me access to the controlling interface,
we are now in the position where we want to create a new account and
transfer the existing resources. So no, the new account doesn't exist
yet and no contract is signed (AFAIK). That's why I brought this up *now*.

> Then the technical details needs to be figured out.  I assume this
> account should then not be restricted to ci.debian.net, but others
> should be able to use resources as well.

Aron, can you comment on this? I assume that the current resources are
earmarked for ci.d.n?

> For AWS we have some Terraform code that configures the projects and
> permissions to it (yes, I did not forget the AWS account for you guys).
> Okay, AWS might be more complex, that's why it requires more stuff to
> work correctly.  We might want to do something similar for Huawei.

Again, I defer to Aron.

> I just did a brief look in the documentation to see what our options
> are.  A single Huawei account contains a global identity management and
> can contain several projects.  So all users and permissions can only be
> managed by a global admin user.  But permissions can be specified on
> separate projects.  That might work.

Good.

Paul