Re: Some progress about the packaging of nextflow

Hi Steffen, Andreas and Noah,

Le 02/06/2021 à 19:27, Noah Meyerhans a écrit :
On Wed, Jun 02, 2021 at 09:45:05AM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
Let us start with a discussion where the sdk itself should be
team-maintained - cloud or med or java?

Personally, I'd opt for Java, since this seems like to be the core
challenge for us. If this drags in other packages that we don't have in
Debian, yet, well, then then this should help improve Debian on the way
since apparently something is missing that is used by professionals. All
that would also be in the Java realms of interest.

I agree - the Java team probably has the best mix of expertise to help
make progress quickly.

+1  The cloud team isn't deeply familiar with Java packaging tools and
practices.  I'm happy to help with any details unique to cloud services,
if needed, but I don't forsee that being required.

noah

Thanks for sharing your views on these issues related to nextflow and work to do around its core packaging. Especially, Noah, I think your experience on such SDKs is valuable for us.

I tend to share your above opinion: the Java team should be the best place to address such packaging work. Maybe we could start with the remaining modules of nextflow, which do not require the big SDKs, if getting nextflow without them is still an appreciated outcome!

Best regards,

--
Pierre