Re: /etc/sysctl.d/01_ec2.conf sets vm.swappiness = 0

Noah Meyerhans wrote:
On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 03:53:07PM +0000, Phil Endecott wrote:
Anyway this is moot as the file has been removed. Though maybe you
should consider actively removing it during updates?

Definitely not.

Well, I like to hope that upgrading from N-1 to N will result in
a system that's as close as possible to a clean install of version N.
Of course I don't want edits that I've consciously made to conffiles
to be removed if they are still applicable, and that's what the whole
3-way-diff/merge thing during upgrades is for.

What's your rationale for keeping it in upgraded systems?

Regards, Phil.