Re: Debian Bullseye from Azure

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 10:08:24AM -0400, Tong Sun wrote:
> I know there are many reasons not to use Debian testing in production.
> But now that Bullseye is in freezing, I think it is time for early adapters to
> start testing it in Azure.
>
> I for one am willing to do that. So I propose that after Debian
> testing gets into the freezing mode, let's provide its image to be
> available in Microsoft Azure.

We've been publishing nightly bullseye and sid builds to both Azure and
AWS for quite some time.

You should be able to find them on Azure with commands like:

$ az vm image list -o table --publisher debian --offer debian-11-daily --location westeurope --all

$ az vm image show --location westeurope --urn debian:debian-11-daily:sid:latest

I could have the details of those commands slightly wrong; I don't have
working Azure access to verify them at the moment.

noah