Re: arm64 metal instances not booting?

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 12:46:20PM -0700, Jeremy Drake wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2021, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
>
> > They work, they just take a long, long time to boot.  Figure about 10-15
> > minutes or so.
>
> Thanks, it did eventually boot.  It's hard to be patient when you are paying
> based on time ;)

It may be worth following up with your AWS TAM to get clarification on
when billing actually starts.  Most of the time spent initializing the
system is outside of the customer's control; You can see from dmesg
output that the kernel doesn't take particularly long to start.  If the
resources you've provisioned aren't yet available to you, I don't think
you're being billed for them.

(Although I work for AWS, I don't have a deep understanding of how
billing and metering work.)

noah