Re: Where to upload the Octavia image for Bullseye? Should I continue within the team?

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 05:12:28PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 02:57:23PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > That's the way the team sees it, as we had completely different
> > approach. My idea was to provide a build app within Debian itself, and
> > use that for the lifetime of the release.
>
> But do you not understand that you are not the team, but the team
> consists of multiple people?  Your view and the team's consensus view
> might not be the same.  Heck, there are a lot of things I don't agree
> with, but I accept as team consensus.
>
> > So yeah... the way the cloud image team is doing, it probably does make
> > sense. But that's not how I wanted things to be done, I do not agree
> > with that way. And since I'm probably the only one in the team feeling
> > that way, I should just shut up, and ... do things separately my way.
>
> Maybe.  But please note that my view is that no Debian resource, like
> the wiki, should point to your replicated stuff as long as there is a
> delegated team that does the work.

I think you're probably right on this.  Since the cloud team is delegated, zigo
would need to remain a cloud team member to continue publishing official
images.  I hadn't considered that in my other mail, thanks for pointing it out.

I don't see any pressing reason to insist that he stop publishing his images
though.  Having two can be confusing, but it's been like that for a long time.
Has something recently changed that would force us to act now?

> And also that you should not be allowed to use your existing team access to
> casulana to handle your own little kingdom and possibly interfere with the
> stuff the team does.

This seems severe - to my knowledge, Thomas hasn't acted recklessly or
maliciously with cloud-team resources.  We should assume that if he kept his
access, he'd act with appropriate care.

Ross