Re: openstack images for bullseye

On 3/12/21 10:33 AM, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > - vagrant images will continue to be delivered using a different toolchain,
>     > similar to the docker images.  We had no immediate concerns about this.
>
> I wonder what the status of the toolchain for openstack images for
> bullseye release will be? Will we still provide two versions of
> openstack images build with different toolchains?
>
> Last image build for testing (using the old toolchain) here is from 2019
> https://cdimage.debian.org/images/cloud/OpenStack/testing/
>
> The new toolchain builds do not yet provide the raw images
> https://cdimage.debian.org/images/cloud/bullseye/daily/
>
> @zigo: What's your oppinion?

We still didn't achieve feature parity. The most important part: there's
no way to tell when one needs to upload a new image, we just got daily,
with no clue to what point release they match, and security fix they
address. A folder named "20210208-542" gives no information...

If we address that, then I don't mind dropping my old images.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)