Re: Verifying Images from Azure Marketplace

Thank you Bastian. We created a VHD from https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/buster/20210208-542/ in our azure cloud. Its causing and issue with SELinux will start another thread if i cannot figure it out.

Thanks again
-winn

On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 11:45:15 AM PST, Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote:

Hi Winn

On Thu, Mar 04, 2021 at 01:51:30PM +0000, Winn Johnston wrote:
> I am interested in learning how to verify the cloud images in Azure.

What are you trying to verify?  In theory you can verify that you get
the same image as we publish on our own storage, but it's not easy.
There is no real way to verify the image itself, you need to trust the
cloud provider anyway, it could give you one image for verification and
run another and you would not see it.

Regards,
Bastian

--
If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes.
        -- Kirk, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9