Re: Debian cloud image default login details

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 11:50:10PM +0200, Eric Kom wrote:
>    Can any one assist or direct me with the login details for:
>
>    debian-10-genericcloud-amd64-20200511-260.qcow2
>
>    I have booted but can’t login.
>
>    Tried admin, root & Debian with and without password.

There are no default credentials with these images.  You're expected to
provide an ssh public key via the OpenStack APIs, which will be
configured by cloud-init running within the instance.  The default
username is debian.

If you're looking for a VM image that can be used outside of a cloud
environment, look for the "nocloud" variants.  These use an empty root
password.

noah