Re: Setting-up the Debian Cloud Image Finder (DCIF ?) in production

On 1/10/20 11:24 AM, Thomas Lange wrote:
> Hi zigo,
>
> do you think is currently needed to create such HA environment with
> clustered postgres? This seems to me a bit of overengineering.

For piece of mind, very much, yes! Absolutely all services that I setup
are HA, so I can sleep at night.

> Shouldn't we first focus on getting real data into the database, and
> see if people are using this service, before putting  so much effort
> into it?

At least *I* will be using the service, so that I can get up-to-date
images all the time. As per our discussion in Boston, the idea is to
have a script that daily checks for available images, and download a new
one if it exists.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)