Re: Request to add a WSL image to the cloud repository

There is indeed a Debian app in the Windows store, the owner is not Microsoft but "The Debian Project".

This must be installed manually, and it does do things I don't want, like installing it to the list of installed apps.

I'm looking for a possibility to install it with a script, myproject-install.cmd, below how it works with Ubuntu but I prefer Debian.

set wsl=d:\wsl
set image=https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/focal/current/focal-server-cloudimg-amd64-wsl.rootfs.tar.gz

curl %image% --output "%wsl%\image.tar.gz"
wsl --import myproject "%wsl%\myproject" "%wsl%\image.tar.gz"

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 6:49 AM Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 06:19:55AM +0200, Herbert Groot Jebbink wrote:
>    It would be great if a wsl (windows subsystem for linux) image is added to
>    the could images
>    Something like [1]https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/focal/current/
>    Also a directory current or latest would be great, then it makes
>    installing from a script pretty easy.

AFAIK, there are already Debian WSL images available from Microsoft.
Who creates those?  Should this request maybe start with them?

noah