Managing multiple IPs for Azure VM

Hello,

We are migrating servers to Azure hosting, and our servers currently make use of extra IPs associated with services. That is, each Host has an IP, and each Service has an IP, such that we can shift which Host a Service is on by bringing down the IP on one Host and bringing it up on another.

Through the Azure Portal, we can add additional IPs to the Interface of an Azure VM, but by default, these IPs are not being configured or brought up within the Debian VM (using the default "Buster" Azure image).
Looking at the interfaces config I can see there is a /run/network/interfaces.d, and there's mention of a script /etc/network/cloud-ifupdown-helper to auto-configure the interfaces, but it only configures the primary interface, and not the additional IPs on that net interface.

I can manually configure and bring up the additional service IPs, but I would prefer if this could be automated based on the Azure configuration. Ideally this would update dynamically on Azure changes, but if a manual trigger is required to update the config in the host, then that would suffice.

How straightforward is this to set up? Is there any documentation on how to do this?
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

   -- Trevor Phillips