From: Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org>
Date: Monday, June 8, 2020 at 3:10 PM
To: debian-cloud@lists.debian.org <debian-cloud@lists.debian.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Restarting regular IRC meetings

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 10:15:02PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> It has been a while since our last IRC meeting.  Previously, we met at 1900UTC
> on the second Wednesday of the month.  Is this time no longer workable for
> anyone?

I agree we should have one.

1900 UTC works for me.  The next meeing will be coming right up, on June
10, right?

Some stuff for the agenda:

Stretch is being handed off to LTS soon.  At least on EC2, it remains
more popular than buster, so in order to support our users, I intend to
continue maintaining and updating AMIs there.  We should discuss our
relationship with LTS in the context of other cloud services, keeping in
mind that when we tried to retire jessie, we freaked out quite a few
users (and jessie remains quite popular on EC2).

It's probably worth talking about the state of cloud-init, and whether
we are able to put the effort in to qualifying a full version update to
20.2 for stable.  The SRMs are still on board, but we need to test
pretty well on EC2, Azure, and OpenStack if they're going to consider
it.

The ongoing discussions of OpenStack publication formats, etc, might be
worth talking about, but I'm not sure how productive they'll be.
Rehashing mailing list discussions is not interesting, but if we can
discuss specific details or unsolved problems, that could be worth it.

And I guess delegation stuff...

noah