Correct images to use for baremetal

What are the correct images to use for a baremetal cloud? The first ones I tried were the Openstack ones but those don't seem to have any drivers for physical machines. I couldn't get USB keyboards to work physically or over the server's IPMI kvm. It also seemed that network devices weren't working either. I assumed this image would work since what I am doing is very similar to Openstack Ironic. I'm guessing ironic isn't supported in the openstack image?

I also tried the generic image. This one seems to be the most promising as usb and network both worked, however any network configuration done by cloud-init was ignored. The machine always requested an IP from dhcp instead of using the static configuration placed down by cloud-init.

I am using the config drive cloud-init datasource. The same exact setup works for Centos 7, Fedora 32, Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 so I don't believe it is a configuration issue on my end.

Any pointers would be appreciated.