Re: Status of Debian accounts and legal agreements with cloud providers

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 10:18:24PM +0100, Tomasz Rybak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On Sun, 2019-02-17 at 20:34 -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> [ cut ]
> > > What do you mean with "end of the buster cycle"?
> >
> > Ouch, I see how my poor choice of words there may be concerning. :D I
> > just meant between now and buster's final freeze or release. I did
> > not
> > mean to leave this problem unsolved until we're ready for bullseye.
> > :-)
>
> As Buster is now frozen (yeah!) - what's the status here?
> Or, is there anything that we (either as Cloud Team,
> or me, Steve, and Luca - i.e. Delegates) can help here with?

I got the legalese to review just yesterday from Amazon following a
video call that day - apparently they've changed the standard language
and we may or may not need a change any longer, but if we do, it may be
a harder sell to Amazon legal than before they changed the default. We
can still try either way.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
president@spi-inc.org