Re: Providing qemu-guest-agent in our images

Le 08/02/2019 à 11:08, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> On 2/7/19 9:58 PM, Bastian Blank wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 10:17:53AM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>>> As a follow-up with the discussion about agent inside VMs, I wonder if
>>> we should install qemu-guest-agent inside our images. Normally, it
>>> provides what Ted was talking about: hooks for freezing filesystem,
>>> mysql, etc.
>>
>> In which environment would this agent be useful?  Can OpenStack make use
>> of it?
>>
>> Bastian
>
> This has been implemented in Nova since February 2015 (4 years ago). I
> just didn't realize it. Here's the blueprint:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/quiesced-image-snapshots-with-qemu-guest-agent

Then why not have it installed in openstack images, and not in the other
cloud providers ?
I am not sure if the no-cloud image would benefit from it too, since
it's supposed to be hypervizor-agnostic.

--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer