Plans for Vagrant Base boxes for Debian 11 / Bullseye

Hello

For the next Debian release, I aim to have converted the current vagrant
boxes tool chain to use fai-diskimage so it can be integrated to the
debian-cloud-images repository.
I expect this to be quite a bit of work, as fai has its own learning
curve, and the current vagrant box build process has many steps, and
covers two hypervisors, VirtualBox and libvirt with kvm.
Expected goals is to have the boxes listed in the Cloud Image web folder
like Centos and Ubuntu. Also the current process of me building locally
12 images and uploading them via a poor ADSL connection does not scale.

For his reason and because my own resources are limited, I don't intend
to release old stable and stable point releases for Vagrant Base boxes
during this development cycle. Vagrant boxes are meant to provide
portable **development** environments, so I don't see a security concern.
At some point the current vagrant cloud account, which I share the
access with Antonio (Terceiro) and Lucas (Nussbaum) should be put in
SPI's hand I suppose.

If something here looks wrong, just shout.

PS: I cannot attend the debian-cloud sprint this year, but thank you
Tomasz for pushing the tedious organizing work ! Hope to see you guys at
the next sprint !

Manu