Re: image-finder | Remove unnecessary modules (!30)

Em ter, 30 de jul de 2019 às 18:08, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> escreveu:
On 7/30/19 3:27 PM, Arthur Diniz wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Analyzing the issue [1]that Bastian had created would require the use of
> a setup.py file.
> This file already stores all application dependencies without having a
> requirements.txt file.

Arthur,

I'm sorry, but maybe are mistaking here. I believe I explained it to you
already in Curitiba (but probably we had too many beers? :)). My
intention was to use pbr, so that there's no need to to express the
dependencies in setup.py, as everything would be automated by PBR, and
all would be written decoratively either in requirements.txt /
test-requirements.txt, and in setup.cfg.

 Thomas,

I did not forget our conversation about using PBR but in order to finalize the essential features
for GSoC and to put the (code on the master branch)[1], it was necessary to leave initially with setup.py.
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/image-finder/issues/26

> So the reason I closed this MR [2] was that to move faster I joined the
> part that you had done
> regarding the dependency clean with this new configuration file in a new
> MR [3].

Please do not merge [3], writing things as a program in setup.py is very
much inferior to what you can achieve with PBR. I am volunteering to do
this work myself, but I need the requirements patch to be merged first.

The idea is that neither you nor I get stuck, this way I created an issue[2] and a new MR[3] with
the requirements patch, so we can work together until we're ready to merge it.

 [2] https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/image-finder/issues/38
 [3] https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/image-finder/merge_requests/34

You also need to move all of your source files inside a folder, so that
it's easier to do the python packaging. I strongly recommend that you do
not remove the tests as you did in the setup.py (ie: the "exclude=
thing), and that you also move the tests folder inside your main package
folder, so that everything gets packaged, including tests.

 All of this needs to be done inside the PBR MR and just when everything is ready it will be merged
 into the development branch.

As soon as you've done that, I'll write a setup.py / setup.cfg for your
application. As I told you, this includes the wsgi file, if you can tell
me what python path I should use (something like: debimgfinder.web:main,
if you decide for example to use deimgfinder/web.py with a function
called main inside that file).

> I created an issue [4] to track the remaining modules to be wrapped for
> Debian.

Psycopg2 is already in Debian, no need to package it, it's been there
for years. :)

Thanks for this, I updated the issue[4] with this in the comments.
[4] https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/image-finder/issues/36#note_99753

Also, what's the advantage of using flask-migrate rather than just
alembic directly? I don't know this module, can you explain?

There is an extension called Flask-Alembic[5] out there, but that project also appears to have stalled, there haven't been any commits or messages from the developers in several months.
The project was never made available on the Python Package Index (PyPI). That is why I have decided to use Flask-Migrate.
You can see more about Flask-Migrate here[6].

[5] https://github.com/tobiasandtobias/flask-alembic
[6] https://flask-migrate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Thanks for your work, I'm very much looking forward see progress on this
project, Cheers,

Thank you for all the help and I hope to see this project running ASAP.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Best,
Arthur Diniz