Re: Presenting Debian to the user at cloud provider marketplaces

Hi Bastian

El 10/7/19 a las 14:32, Bastian Blank escribió:
Hi Laura

On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 08:49:49AM +0200, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
I think the best probably is that you open a collaborative pad or create
a txt file in the "publicity" repo [1] where we can see the different
fields we can tweak for each cloud provider (I guess we cannot customise
everything), and the current text, and then we can evolve from there.

[1]: "dangling reference exception"

Gah!

I see https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/publicity, which according
to the description is "publicity packaging".

Could you just create a file where you would like to have it?

Sorry for the long delay.

I have updated the description of the "publicity" repo and created an "about-debian" folder to host all the info pages about Debian that we edit/update in third party websites.

For now, I have created two files for the Azure Marketplace:

https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/publicity/blob/master/about-debian/azuremarketplace.credativ.debian.md

https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/publicity/blob/master/about-debian/azuremarketplace.debian.debian-10.md

and copied what I see now in the corresponding web pages.

Looking at the documentation, it seems that some fields are named in a different way as they are displayed later. Ideally, somebody with permissions to actually edit Debian's page in Azure Marketplace would need to edit our file to at least update the names of the fields (and put maybe other fields that are not shown because they are currently empty).

Feel free to commit there your review/update proposals for the values of those fields afterwards, or ping if you'd like us to provide the initial proposal.

If there are other Debian pages in other cloud infrastructures, just add the new files and we'll work on them too.

About the images, you can use https://www.debian.org/logos/ to download PNG files or SVG files and transform them in the size you need.

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina