Re: Releasing ppc64el cloud images with Buster

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 11:22 PM kuLa <kula@kulisz.net> wrote:

> On 2019-06-07 14:06:59, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 02:23:54PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >Do we want to release ppc64el cloud images with Buster?
> > >
> > >They work for me but only got minimal test coverage.
> >
> > Do we know if anybody is using them at all?
>
> I was going to ask the same question.
>
> Also can somebody shade some light on which clouds/openstack installation
> support this arch?

The cloud image is not only used by the cloud providers. As a normal
user, I use it extensively on my laptop.

Some days ago, a LLVM developer ask me how to setup an arm64 VM
quickly, we just used the arm64 openstack cloud image[1], and it works
really fine on our laptop.
Then he also wants to setup a powerpc VM, as a result, the only VM
image we got is built by aurel32 6 years ago. (I know the powerpc is
another story since it's a port arch.) But if more archs of the cloud
image are available, it would help a lot for developers.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Arm64Qemu#Use_prebuild_Arm64_image

--
Shengjing Zhu