Re: Cleaning up members of salsa group

On Thu, 2019-03-14 at 20:35 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 08:52:15AM +0100, Tomasz Rybak wrote:
> > The accounts with Maintainer rights belong to people with
> > significant
> > activity.
> > So, to summarise: default membership level is Developer, promoted
> > to Maintainer if there is a need. Is this overview correct?
>
> Giving out Maintainer is mostly about trust.  This access level
> allows
> unsupervised changes to the code used to build our images and also to
> stored credentials.  So only DD are elegible.

I agree.

> Due to the damage they can do, I would consider this level of access
> as
> equivalent to cd building.

AFAIR casulana (and other machines used to build CDs)
have even more restrictions: DDs need to apply for access
as SSH is not available to every DD.

But IMO for now we can leave current policy of giving Maintainer
to DDs - as we also control membership of cloud team.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak, Debian Developer <serpent@debian.org>
GPG: A565 CE64 F866 A258 4DDC F9C7 ECB7 3E37 E887 AA8C