Re: Status of Debian accounts and legal agreements with cloud providers

Hi everyone,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 03:57:42PM -0700, Joshua R. Poulson wrote:
> And, I'm watching as well, of course. --jrp

The delays from everyone being busy and fitting this into
secondary-priority slots of time are compounding, even though everyone
is genuinely making a good-faith best-effort attempt to get this done:
neither Amazon nor our lawyer has yet responded to my pings from last
Friday (I re-pinged our lawyer tonight). As for Stephen, this week is
busy enough at my day job that I was waiting until I got some traction
on those points before scheduling something with him, so as not to waste
his time.

If all of these things drag on with quick way to resolve it, we might
just be forced to click through the standard terms and conditions and
deal with the consequent legal risks (or seek a subsequent amendment),
in order not to block the buster cloud images release. The downsides of
unresponsive pro bono SPI legal counsel...

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
president@spi-inc.org