Re: Announcing EOL for Jessie images

On 10/22/18 8:10 PM, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 05:52:15PM +0000, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
>> I object because, at the 2018 Debian Cloud Sprint, we collectively
>> decided that we were not offering Debian LTS Cloud Images.  Are we
>> changing our decision?  I'd like to see collective decision making, not
>> one-offs for each platform.
>
> That's precisely why I asked. However, I don't want to focus too much on
> process or collective decision making. Every provider is different.

We're supposed to be deciding collectively. I don't agree that every
provider is different for this specific case.

> The existing images available for a given provider, and their adoption, is
> different.

No. On every platform, seeing Jessie going away is painful. Please don't
consider your own case as a special one. This isn't helping anyone, and
this isn't the case. I'd very much prefer if we were having consistency.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)