Re: FAI Issues and PR's

Well for lack of a better forum, here are three issues I found so far in my initial testing. I'll be happy to file bugs or fix these myself but I didn't know if anyone was working on it already or not.

1)  /var/log/lastlog exists and shows up as a 460GB (sparse I assume) file.
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root    utmp    459G Aug 30 18:31 lastlog

2)  There is an extra file in /etc/apt that should probably be cleaned up (sources.list.pre_fcopy). But there may be others around as well (haven't done an extensive audit).
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   45 Aug 23 21:05 sources.list.pre_fcopy

3) Growpart and the package (cloud-guest-utils) to expand the root partition exist in FAI however nothing is doing the logic of calling it automatically. In bootstrap-vz, we used these scripts. Does anyone have an idea how we should do this in FAI? The issue is that you need to pass in the root partition to expand (/dev/sda1 for example). But that can differ in different clouds and will also differ if you have a GPT disk and an EFI partition. We could do this with FAI variables but I don't know if someone has a better idea here.

-----
Zach Marano
zmarano@google.com

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 11:59 AM Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
On 08/24/2018 10:59 AM, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> On 2018-08-23 14:26:31, Zach Marano wrote:
>> Which forum is everyone using to submit issues and/or get feedback on PR's for
>> FAI configs and I guess FAI generally? There seems to be little conversation on
>> salsa, is there another forum somewhere?
>
> Ha good Q, I don't really have preference.
> Looks like now we have ML, BTS and Salsa conversations on merge requests, IMO
> this is going to cause some issues where to look for information.
>
> I was unaware that there ware MRs submitted on Salsa for our build process. So,
> I just switched on notifications for my self (no way of doing it on project
> level I think) and added irc integration to #debian-cloud as well.

Likewise, I don't think it's a good idea to rely on the fact people will
see MRs. One has to at least ping on IRC.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)